Benefits of Becoming a Diplomate of the ABIHM
As a diplomate of the ABIHM, you will have:
- Met the only comprehensive peer-reviewed, psychometrically validated standard for MDs and DOs for knowledge in complementary, integrative and holistic medicine (click here for more)
- Patients that benefit from the enhancement of your integrative holistic skills as a result of attendance at the review course and preparation for the certifying examination
- Your board-certified status as an integrative holistic physician listed on the ABIHM website, which is available for inquiries by patients and colleagues seeking integrative holistic resources (click here for more)
- A quality link from our website to yours, which will contribute to improved search engine optimization
- The privilege of contributing to the ABIHM blog, which provides a valuable link to your own website (click here to see our blog)
- The opportunity to gain access to our updated Course Curriculum Study Guide every year at reduced fees
- An opportunity for participating on our online educational platform (now under construction)
- Contributed to the advancement of integrative holistic medicine as part of the growing number of certified physicians
- Recognition as physicians with peer-reviewed credentialing standards necessary for insurance, medico-legal, and medical disciplinary issues, and
- Status that is available to credentialing verification services.
Please take note: The ABIHM certification process will soon fall under the purview of the American Board of Physician Specialties (ABPS), which will phase out the certification of physicians without formal training from an integrative medicine residency or fellowship program. It is likely that active Diplomates of the ABIHM who have also undergone additional study and practice will be permitted to sit for the ABPS exam without having undergone a fellowship requirement.